Before My Surgery
A nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process. If you have not received a call by 10:00 AM the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 858-485-1111.
Return to Top
Follow these guidelines the day before your surgery to ensure that your operation goes smoothly.
It is your responsibility to arrange in advance for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You cannot drive yourself or be left alone.
Notify your physician before coming to the center if there is any change in your physical condition, such as cold or fever.
If no one has contacted you 24 hours before your surgery please call the center for specific instructions.
If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safekeeping. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
Do not drink or eat anything after midnight, not even coffee or water, unless instructed otherwise by the surgery center staff. This will reduce the possibility of nausea and vomiting following anesthesia. You may brush your teeth remembering not to swallow anything. Refrain from the use of mints, chewing gum or cigarettes. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
Please do not take any medication after midnight unless instructed by your physician or our office. If you are diabetic or on blood pressure or heart medication, obtain specific instructions from your physician or contact the center.
Pre-fill any prescriptions so you do not have to stop after your procedure.
Return to Top
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 858-485-1111 as soon as possible.
Insurance and Billing
Prior to your surgery date you will be notified o your estimated insurance coverage and any additional amount you will be required to pay. Please make arrangements to have funds or credit cards available on the day of admission to cover these required payments.
If you have specific questions about your benefit plan, deductibles or co-insurance, please call the member service telephone number on the back of your insurance card.
Our fee covers everything provided by the surgery center. Our fees do not cover the professional charges of your surgeon, your anesthesiologist or any laboratory services ordered by your surgeon. They will bill you separately from the surgery center for their services.
Return to Top