Day of Surgery
What you need to know for the Day of Surgery:
To help us meet all of your needs, please follow these guidelines:
- Please bathe or shower prior to your surgery. Remove all makeup. Do not use lotions or oil after bathing.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing such as sweat suits and easy-to-button shirts or blouses that are big enough to accomodate a large bandage after surgery, if applicable. Wear comfortable shoes, no high heals please.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry and cash at home. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property.
- Be prepared to sign a form giving your consent for the operation. If the patient is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the patient and sign the consent form.
- Please arrive promptly at your designated time.
- A nurse will provide you with a patient gown, slippers and a bag to store your clothing. We will also check your temperature, blood pressure and pulse and ask you to empty your bladder before surgery.
- Your family will be asked to wait in the front lobby until you are in recovery. The surgeon will speak with your family immediately following surgery. Your family may stay with you until discharge.
Checklist of items to bring:
- Photo I.D. or drivers license
- Insurance Information
- Cash, check or credit card for co-payments or deductible.
- Advance Healthcare Directive, if available.